Soroptimist International is a global volunteer movement working together to transform
the lives of women and girls. We are committed to a world where women and girls together
achieve their individual and collective potential, realize aspirations and have an equal voice
in creating strong, peaceful communities worldwide. Our mission is to inspire action and create opportunities to transform the lives of women and girls through a global network of members
and international partnerships.
What have we done lately?
Soroptimist 3rd Annual Benefit Breakfast March 28th
With community support, we raised almost $3,400 to provide educational awards and heard from inspiring women living their dreams!
See our "shout out" from FOX9 News on the link below!
Members Lois Herman and Karen Johnson meet at United Nations Commission for the Status of Women meetings
Soroptimists work with Habitat for Humanity to build a house in White Bear Lake
Click button below to RSVP or for more information
Come meet our 2015 Awards Recipients
hear their inspiring stories
RSVPs requested by Friday, 5/15
Congratulations to our 2015 award winners!
We have selected two Live Your Dream and two Resilience award recipients!
Other Award Notes:
The evaluation process to select one Violet Richardson award recipient is still in process.
Awards will be distributed at our annual Awards Dinner (open to all) on May 19th. RSVP via this link Click Here to RSVP for Awards Program - 5/19/2015
Click here for more information regarding all our awards programs.
What we do locally…
• Sarah's…an Oasis for Women Dinners, birthday presents, new resident supplies, one-on-one mentoring
• Jeremiah Program Adopt-a-family holiday gifts during the holidays, dinners
• B. Robert Lewis House Dinners, donations and grants, facility improvements (teen room, painting, refurbishing bedrooms, kitchen equipment, etc.)
• Partner with Organizations Work to eliminate human trafficking and raise awareness (child slavery conference  and art exhibit by human trafficking victims  Dreams Die Hard event ).
To learn more about Soroptimist International of the Twin Cities, view our SITC Video
Soroptimist of the Americas Federation initiatives we support with local awards…
• Women's Opportunity Award (female head of household)
• Resilience Award (high school senior girl who has overcome great obstacles to completing her education)
• Violet Richardson Award (14-17 year old girl volunteer in the community)
• Ruby Award (woman making a difference in the community)
• Disaster Relief Fund that provides financial assistance to areas affected by natural disasters
• Funds and support awareness regarding human trafficking and domestic violence
By the numbers...
• Nearly half of Minnesota women experience some kind of sexual abuse. (CDC 2011)
• About 22% of Minnesota women have been raped in their lifetime.
• More than 48% of Minnesota women have experienced sexual violence other than rape.