Soroptimist International is a vibrant, dynamic organization for today's professional and business women. We are committed to a world where women and girls together achieve their individual and collective potential, realize aspirations and have an equal voice in creating strong, peaceful communities worldwide. Our mission is to improve the lives of women and girls in local communities and throughout the world, through programs leading to social and economic empowerment.
Click here to learn more about Soroptimist Educational Award Programs and access applications.
2015 Applications will be available in the fall of 2014.
What we do locally…
• Sarah's…an Oasis for Women Dinners, birthday presents, new resident supplies, one-on-one mentoring
• Jeremiah Program Adopt-a-family holiday gifts during the holidays, dinners
• B. Robert Lewis House Dinners, donations and grants, facility improvements (teen room, painting, refurbishing bedrooms, kitchen equipment, etc.)
• Partner with organizations Work to eliminate human trafficking and raise awareness (child slavery conference  and art exhibit by human trafficking victims ), Dreams Die Hard Event .
To learn more about Soroptimist International of the Twin Cities, view our SITC Video
Soroptimist of the Americas Federation initiatives we support with local awards…
• Women's Opportunity Award (female head of household)
• Resilience Award (high school senior girl who has overcome great obstacles to completing her education)
• Violet Richardson Award (14-17 year old girl volunteer in the community)
• Ruby Award (woman making a difference in the community)
• Disaster Relief Fund that provides financial assistance to areas affected by natural disasters
• Funds and support awareness regarding human trafficking and domestic violence
By the numbers...
• Nearly half of Minnesota women experience some kind of sexual abuse. (CDC 2011)
• About 22% of Minnesota women have been raped in their lifetime.
• More than 48% of Minnesota women have experienced sexual violence other than rape.